Pages

24 May 2011

Tasty Tuesday ... Rio Bravo (& Darrens B-day - Image heavy)

This was somthing I was planning on posting about sooner. We visited Rio Bravo, a Mexican restaruant in Market Harborough with friends for Darrens bday at the end of April.
We had a few drinks at a bar before we arrived (weekends they just have 2 evening sittings, 7pm-9pm and 8.30pm - close) browed the menu and ordered some corronas.
I'll mention now that the photos are terrible. My only excuse is that after the corronas we started on cocktails, and then tequilas. We had a good night.

Both Darren and me had Jalepeno Poppers for our starter. Breaded jalaepnos stuffed with cream cheese, served with a mexican salad and pepper jam. I didn't get a photo, but they were completely delicious. We both really enjoyed them.
For my main course I had Chicken Burritos. They came with refried beans, spicy rice, mexican salad and salasa,
ooh yes, and a tequila sunrise. It was wonderful. so tasty, and nice and spicy but not overpowering. I ate the lot. Everyone else said they enjoyed their meals too. All round the food was a resounding sucess.

We didn't have desserts. instead we ordered a couple of rounds of drinks.


It was a really really good night, good food, good company, good cocktails. I am sure it would be just a nice for a quieter meal, just as a couple enjoying a night out as well as a boozy birthday celebration. We shall definitely be returning.
  Unfortunatley you do not get to keep the sombreros! :)

No comments: