Pages

21 June 2011

Tasty Tuesday - Spaghetti Bolognese


Ok, so I know that pretty much everyone knows full well how to cook good old Spahetti Bolognese. But this is another firm favourite in this household, my husband simply loves it (you know when sometimes you just get a craving for something and could happily eat it over and over for days on end? This is his favourite thing of the moment!) I thought, I'd do a super quick post on how I make it.
Ingredients
 Spaghetti (I know I have tagliatelle in the photo, It was all I had in the cupboard)
500g lean minced beef
1 red onion - chopped
4 tomatoes - chopped (or a good handfull of cherry tomatoes - halved)
2-3 peppers, any colour - choped
Beef stock (about 300ml)
Dried garlic (I use this so much more than fresh, its so much easier!)
 Lea & Perrins worcesteshire sauce
dried or fresh basil
black pepper

and if I have some, I shove some mushrooms in too!


Method
Fry light a large saucepan, Cook onions and mince until browned
add peppers, a good glug (around 1 tablespoon) worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, garlic, basil, black pepper and beef stock (sometimes it looks like it needs more/less stock, just add what you think is best, you can always add more if it starts to look dry while its cooking!)

add mushrooms if using
Stir well and leave to simmer for around 30 minutes stirring occasionally
While this is simmering away, cook your spaghetti
Then simply serve, with plenty of parmesan sprinkled on top and with either  a nice slice of garlic bread, or some lightly toasted ciabatta

Nice, quick and easy, and lovely comfort food. Just what you want after a day at work (especally if its a bit cold and raining!) x

No comments: