Pages

21 September 2010

Tugging on the purse strings

Everything it seems is tugging on our purse strings. Why oh Why I did not work this out before Fridays spending spree I do not know! Ahh well, what's done is done. No point in dwelling on it, just a good job I did not order that jumper too! :)

The bill for the plumbing work came through yesterday, and I'd got an amount in my head that I thought it was, and I don't know why I thought it was that much, but the invoice came and its £200 more than I thought.
Darren pointed out it was always going to be that much, so I don't know what part of my brain decided to deduct £200 and tell me it was less. Normally this wouldn't be a headache, it wouldn't be great, but it wouldn't be a headache. But seeing as dearest husband is self employed, He does not get paid when he does not work, and with taking time off to sort out plumbing (I had no holiday left to take) and only doing small jobs here and there in between big jobs, he's had a fair bit of time off. Boooo.

That coupled with me having to have a new glasses prescription, both of us having to take unpaid time off for our holiday in a couple of weeks, and other stuff... we are 'el skinto' ....

....

And then our laptop broke.... oh Arse....

....

....

.... So, the house makeover is on hold. Any evenings/days out have been cancelled for the foreseeable future, and I have worked out a meal plan for the next week (any more than a week ahead would be overkill! and we would not stick to it!) that is mainly using freezer and store cupboard stuff.

Hey ho. These things are sent to challenge us. A couple of months and we should be back on an even keel and then saving for Xmas will have to start! and there are people out there in much much worse situations than we are, so I should not complain.

And there is another funny thing. Normally I would be complaining and stressing and fretting. I am a complete worry wart. But what will that achieve? Nothing.
So instead, I am putting my energy into how we can save and make some money to get ourselves back on track that much sooner.

This weekends plans now consist of going gym, and sorting out all the stuff in the loft. Which we shall then take to car boot after our hols. Have a big clear out and hopefully make some cash at the same time. I have a couple of painting I have done that are up in the loft too. I'll take those along too see if they sell. I am not sure that the car boot we are going to will have the right sort of people browsing to want to buy them, but its worth a go.

Thinking about Xmas gifts for people too. I think I may make some gifts for people this year. Make it  bit more personal and fun.

Happy saving!

Jules x

No comments: