Pages

10 May 2011

Tasty Tuesday... Strawberry Cupcakes

This recipe is from a Slimming World recipe card I got when taking out a pre paid coutdown in April. I gave them a try at the end of April to take for my sisters birthday. The original recipe is for 16 mini muffins. I do not have a mini muffin tin, so instead I made 8 fairycakes.

Ingredients
3 eggs
60g low fat spread
6 tablepoons artificial sweetner
110g self raising flour
vanilla essence
8 teaspoons icing sugar, water, red food colouring & strawberries to decorate

Method
Pre heat oven to 180deg C
Whisk together eggs, Low fat spread and sweetner
Sive and fold in flour and a couple of drops of vanilla essence. Spoon mixture into the paper cases

Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove and leave to cool.

Mix a little water and a couple of drops of red food colouring with the icing sugar... This is where I always mess up, and make the icing much to watery... Today was no exception
Spoon your nice thick gloopy non runny icing onto your cupcakes and garnish with a slice of strawberry.

Not the prettiest cakes I have ever made. This is what they are supposed to look like!
Mine look rubbish. Also, they didnt taste *amazing*. Perhaps they are nicer as mini muffins, perhaps I needed to whisk the eggs etc more than I did. I definitely need to make the icing thicker as it was waaaay to runny! Perhaps i'll try these small changes next time and see how they turn out. Perhaps I'll just stick to my tried, tested and super easy fairycake recipe.

The spotty cupcake cases are cute though right. ;)

No comments: